Monday 3 November 2008

Grief and Bereavement

I have decided to Personify Grief and bereavement for my character design, I believe it could prove to be very interesting visually because really grief is a personal emotional journey offering a fairly clean slate for ideas, rich with confusion, anger and possibly guilt. There are two ways to tackle this character, I could focus on the emotional side of grief and personify all the feelings which grief carries or alternatively I could design a character which has no direct personification of grief, instead I could design a character who injects emotions into its victims.

Grief: The normal process of reacting to a loss. The loss may be physical (such as a death), social (such as divorce), or occupational (such as a job). Emotional reactions of grief can include anger, guilt, anxiety, sadness, and despair. Physical reactions of grief can include sleeping problems, changes in appetite, physical problems, or illness.

No comments: